Trekking Tour on Kulen Mountain
Join us on our trekking adventure to the rarely visited mountain top where some of the oldest temples and sacred places await your arrival.
Follow remote paths through tropical forest, cashew plantations, along lychee trees and idyllic Cambodian villages and visit some of the first temples built at the beginning of the Khmer Empire. To get an idea of what is unique about our Trekking Tour, watch the video below, this video made by Ploy one of our great guides.
The tour includes:
- Full day 6 am - 6 pm.
- Transfer by A/C vehicle
- 12 km trekking (around 5 h)
- Plenty of breaks to discover beautiful locations
- Visit a handful of free peaceful mountain temples with our no tourist guarantee, the famous lying buddha and relax at the end at the beautiful waterfall
- A delicious breakfast, lunch, snacks, and refreshments are provided
- Phnom Kulen Ticket included in the price (20$)
- This is a physically challenging adventure trip. Good health and a good level of fitness is required. The difficulty varies due to weather conditions. This trip is not suitable for children. The best time to experience this trek is between November and June
KKO offers a unique trekking tour at Phnom Kulen Mountain. This trek is different from others in the Siem Reap area because of the mountains, location and history. In 802 CE, Jayavarman II founded the first independent Khmer state. Phnom Kulen Mountain was the birthplace and the first capital of the ancient Khmer Empire, called Mahendraparvata, the mountain of Great Indra.
Today, Phnom Kulen is still considered a holy mountain in Cambodia, with a particular religious significance to Hindus and Buddhists. The Phnom Kulen National Park is a protected area with breathtaking scenery. Since deforestation is a big threat to the sensitive ecosystem, protecting this endangered forest ecosystem is of particular importance. Unfortunately, deforestation is still happening in the park and can easily be seen.
For two or more persons the recommended Donation is $140 per person. Minimum donation required is $110per person to cover running costs.
If you are just one person on the tour, we can offer you to pick you up with a motorbike. Our tourguide will drive with you to the Phnom Kulen and drop you off at your hotel after the tour. Minimum donation would be $130 to cover the running costs. Of course we can pick you ap with our A/C car, the minimum donation required would be $180.
You can pay what you like - the more you pay, the more you will be helping KKO! The fee supports the work of KKO and the local people of Phnom Kulen Mountain.
At Phnom Kulen Mountain one can have a one-of-a-kind experience exploring the rich Khmer history and serenity of these peaceful mountain temples. Enjoy this unique experience with us!